Your hungry little worm is back and hungrier than ever. He’s so hungry, in fact, he could eat a…reindeer! And that’s exactly what he intends to do in Effing Worms Xmas! Take a journey to the North Pole with your hungry little worm, feed him as much as he can handle, and watch him grow!
There are many new, but well loved characters in Effing Worms Xmas. Your little worm is on a mission to end Christmas forever as he eats everyone living on the North Pole. Some characters include, Santa Claus, Santa’s elves, Santa’s reindeer, adorable snow rabbits, and mean-looking, snowball throwing yeti’s.
The player controls in Effing Worms Xmas are very similar to the previous versions. Using your directional keys (A,S,D,W), guide your hungry worm to devour Santa and his hard-working crew of elves and reindeer. In addition to these simple controls, you can also press the P button to pause the game, and the M button to mute the game. There is also a button located at the top left corner of the screen called “KILL ME”. Clicking this button will automatically kill your worm and restart your game.
Quests and Missions
This time, your worm has many quests and missions to achieve in order to evolve and reach the next level.
- Mission 1 - Eat 10 animals for dinner
- Mission 2 - Eat 15 elves
- Mission 3 - Surprise 40 enemies from behind
- Mission 4 - Kill 40 enemies without hitting a mine
- Mission 5 – Destroy 60 vehicles
There are a total of 6 levels for your worm to complete before unlocking the Sandbox mode. The Sandbox mode also has missions to complete – many missions, in fact. Complete all the missions, make as many combos as you can in order to achieve an insanely high score! Your scores are based on three main things – highest combo’s achieved, a combo bonus, and a health bonus.
Evolving Your Worm
After each level, you will be able to choose from a couple of evolution options to improve your worm into a mega killing machine. These become extremely helpful, especially during the Sandbox mode!
- First Evolution – You can choose Weight Loss, which gives your worm an additional 20% speed boost, or Worm Blubber to increase it’s health by 50%.
- Second Evolution – Worm Slime increases your worms speed by another 20%, or you can choose the Armored Tail which adds another 50% health boost.
- Third Evolution – You can select the Big Stomach buff which eliminates any hunger pains your worm may experience from not eating fast enough. If you’d rather not have that, you can choose the Taste Buds upgrade, which increases your worms health regeneration by 50%.
- Fourth Evolution - The Defensive Spikes upgrade option decreases the amount of damage your worm receives from bombs and mines. The Shark Spikes allows your worm to be able to kill enemies even while underground!
Hacks and Cheats
Many gamers enjoy trying out a variety of hacks and cheats in games after they’ve mastered the game un-hacked. Here’s a few hack tricks for Effing Worms XMAS that we can share with you.
- Press the number 1 key to toggle your health. (This may give your worm invincibility powers!
- Press the number 2 key to instantly level up.
- Press the number 3 key to grow.