The man-eating worms are back and more deadly than ever! Grow your worm to a massive size. Upgrade him to an unstoppable killing machine in Effing Worms 2!
Similar to the previous version, in Effing Worms 2 you are tasked with growing and upgrading your worm from a cute baby worm to an over-sized, blood-thirsty killing machine! To do this, you need to guide your worm, using the directional keys, to the earths surface and eat everything in sight! As you complete each level, you can purchase upgrades from the Evolution Center to turn your little worm into the most feared monster on the face of the earth!
- Evolution Center 1 – Select either a Shorter Worm or Longer Worm. The Shorter Worm upgrade gives your worm a 20% speed boost. The Longer Worm upgrade increases your worm’s health by as much as 50%
- Evolution Center 2 - Select either the Sleek or Jagged Spikes. The Sleek Spikes adds an additional 20% speed increase, while the Jagged Spikes adds an additional 50% health increase.
- Evolution Center 3 – Select either the Skin Mutation or Blood Fangs.The Skin Mutation upgrade eliminates your worms hunger pains completely. The Blood Fangs upgrade gives your worm a massive size mouth to be able to eat a lot more at one time!
- Evolution Center 4 - Choose from either the Flame Jets or the Helmet Head upgrades. The Flame Jets upgrade allows more rampage speed. The Helmet Head upgrade allows your worm to take less damage from the ground mines.
- Evolution Center 5 - Select from either the Shredder Teeth or the Mouth Tentacles. Shredder Teeth allows your worm to heal itself when it eats anything metal. The Mouth Tentacles upgrades your worms mouth to an even larger size!
- Evolution Center 6 - Choose from either the Mega Jump or Mega Vacuum upgrades. Mega Jump allows your worm to jump to incredible heights! The Mega Vacuum lets your worm suck up even the largest items.
Evolution 6 is the final evolution stage. At this point, the Sandbox Mode is unlocked! In the Sandbox you can play endlessly, collecting some major score points and enjoy scaring the daylights out of all the little townspeople!
Effing Worms 2 has a few new controls available to gamers. In addition to the standard A, S, D, W directional controls, players can also pause their game by pressing the P button, or mute the game by pressing the M button. During the Sandbox Mode, you can also use your spacebar to activate the sixth evolution power-up.
Hacks and Cheats
Let’s be honest, the use of hacks and cheats in a game can often make a game more fun! Here’s a few hacks you can try out for yourself that have been proven to work.
- Press the number 1 key to toggle your worm’s health/hunger bar.
- Press the number 2 key to level up. Please remember you must be above ground in order for this hack to work.
- Press the number 3 key to grow your worm.
Tips for Beginners
If you’re just learning how to play Effing Worms 2, let us share a few pro-tips with you to help you get started.
The easiest thing to do is to stay close to the surface of the earth. This makes it much easier for you to swoop up and chew up a tasty target. By staying near the earths surface, you are sure to pick up many combo bonus points! Also, as you evolve your worm, remember that at each evolution center stage you can only select one upgrade. Choose your upgrades wisely to ensure your success!